These are our general rules.
- Act in a civilized manner at all times. What you do while wearing our guild tags reflects upon our community. This applies to any public chat channels, people you group with and the official Blizzard forums. Exceptions can be made if your behavior is In Character – if this is the case though, be courteous and let your co-players know in an Out of Character whisper before proceeding.
- Don’t grief and corpse camp other players. Repeatedly killing NPCs is also griefing. Using ableist, racist, homophobic or sexist slurs is also not acceptable. If you think it is okay to stiff strangers out of loot, gank lowbies, or be generally rude and inconsiderate to other players (guilded or not) then this is not the community for you.
- Be honest. Honesty is a virtue in this community and we expect honesty from all our members. We do not, however, expect you to disclose personal information.
- No begging. Ever. Period. Not in Guild Chat, not in Chat Channels, not in General Chat. This is completely non-negotiable. It reflects badly on you as a player, and it reflects badly on our community.
- Absolutely no botting, gold-buying or purchasing of power-levelling services. If you are caught doing any of these things, you will be kicked without warning, without a second chance.
- Account sharing represents a security risk to the guild. Furthermore, since our recruitment focuses on the people behind the screen, rather than their character, it also means that the person(s) you’re sharing an account with haven’t earned their place in our community the same way you have. We can allow account sharing, but this would be on a case-by-case basis, and it would require you to disclose the details of this to the officers. Failure to do so could result in removal from the community.
GUILD CHAT & THE FORUMS
- As we’re a guild full of adults, we don’t have any rules against swearing but as with the rules above, using ableist, racist, homophobic or sexist slurs is not acceptable.
- No dinging in Guild Chat. Another level is always something to celebrate but in practical terms its annoying.
- Avoid the over use of abbreviations and leetspeak in guild chat and on the forums. While we don’t mind the occasional ‘leetspeaking’, don’t make a habit of it. Use full English sentences.
- Please do not post discussions about religion, politics or sexuality (including adult material … you know what we mean) on our forums. We understand you may wish to discuss these topics with your guildies, but there are other more appropriate places on the Internet for those types of discussions.
- In World of Warcraft you are expected to adhere to the RP server policy as defined by Blizzard. You can find more information on that here (it’s mainly naming your characters appropriately and not using Out of Character speech in /say and /yell). We don’t require our members to roleplay, but you do have to know what it is.
- Make sure you follow the In Character and Out of Character channel guidelines above. You can play the game however you want, but don’t break other people’s immersion in the game.
- If you have not logged on for a while and not let us know you’re taking a break, your characters will be demoted to the lowest rank, if you have been offline for 1 year as a new memeber (Venator) and haven’t let us know if you will be back. You will be removed.
Previously a Draenic scouting unit, Immortalis is now mainly a private military order in service of the Alliance, composed of members from all its races and from various backgrounds. The units within Immortalis actively work to ensure the safety of the general population, and are supported by a skilled research team, craftsmen and other members keeping the order running on a day to day basis.
With respect to its history, the structure of the order is still based in its Draenic roots but has evolved to suit a life on Azeroth with human leadership. As such, the long term path of the order is decided by the Primarch, Zelcandor Stormdrake, with advice from the Exarch Council. While their official duty is now to the Alliance, the Exarch council is heavily focused on finding ways to fight the agents of the Old Gods and any other threat to Azeroth.
The base of operations is the Immortalis Archives and its entrance is relocated to suit the needs of the order. It is currently located in the Temple of the Jade Serpent in the Jade Forest of Pandaria, though Immortalis is in the process of relocating to a newly established garrison in Dalaran, in order to be closer to the battle against the Legion on the Broken Isles.
While mainly a PvE focused guild, Immortalis has always been RP friendly.
As a member of Immortalis, you’re not expected to RP but you must be respectful of those who do and their immersion in the game. On an RP server this means never using Out of Character speech in /say and /yell and following the RP server policies.
We have a relaxed atmosphere to accommodate for varying levels of experience and interest in roleplay. As such, we offer support if needed but we try not to limit the creativity of players or dictate how they should or shouldn’t RP. Immortalis has a flexible In-Character structure to make room for that creativity alongside a detailed and epic guild background guided by official storylines and world events.
Immortalis guild RP events are generally short, interactive and often incorporate other aspects of the game. They follow the guild storyline and, if there is interest, leave space for people to connect and develop their characters afterwards through more personal RP.
We see structured events as only part of a good RP environment, and highly encourage people to take initiative and create their own storylines. Our IC guild structure and rank system was created specifically for this purpose, giving people talking points, inspiration and reasons to interact.
(As of now, Immortalis have no current active Role Play going on or being planed. However we still remain on a respectfull attitude to the Argent Dawn Roleplaying community and expect our memebers too do the same.)