Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: [Raiding application] Ygxyll - Warlock (ACCEPTED FOR TRIAL)  (Read 58 times)

Ygxyll

• Venator
[Raiding application] Ygxyll - Warlock (ACCEPTED FOR TRIAL)
« on: November 13, 2017, 12:06:06 am »
1. What is your character's name, level, class, spec and off-spec? Please provide a link to your profile on the armory.
Ygxyll - 110 Afflication warlock
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/argent-dawn/ygxyll

2. What activities or goals do you focus on in World of Warcaft?
I enjoy close to every aspect of the game, usually my weekends are spent doing mythic plus dungeons, farming mounts or something of the sorts. The only thing you won't see me do is play WoW Pokémon.
I've raided pretty seriously most of the time i've played WoW however it definitely become way too much like a job and that's why i'm now looking to focus on enjoying the game for what it is and not staring a warcraft logs for four hours a day.

3. How did you find out about our guild? Do you know anyone in the guild who would vouch for your application?
Heard about the guild from Izadorra (Alice) after talking to her about WoW and that you were possibly looking for dps for Antorus.
It sounded super interesting so I decided to level a character and apply.

4. Have you applied to any other guilds right now? Do you play any characters in other guilds and/or on other servers?
Nope no other applications or active chars.

5. Please tell us a about yourself. How old are you? Do you go to school or do you have job? How did you get into World of Warcraft? Which days of the week or times of the day are you usually online? Do any of your family or friends play the game? If you prefer not to share personal information on a public forum it's not a problem.
I'm Aaron, 26, from London. Currently work as an automation test engineer where I write code that does repetitive jobs and then pretend to work whilst it runs. When i'm not playing WoW, i'm usually trying to pretend other games are as good (let's not talk about Destiny) and wishing I had a cat.
I've been played WoW since the start of ICC so around eight years and have pretty much dabbled in every class since starting. I usually play most evenings for a couple of hours after work and then most of the weekends.

6. Do you like pie? If you do, which kind is your favourite?
Being from the north of England I feel like i'm obliged to say my favourite is a good steak and ale pie.

RAIDING

If you're not sure how to answer certain questions just say so. We don't bite. Much.

8. If you have an off-spec, how well geared are you for that spec?
Currently no legos in other specs however I'm keeping an eye on things for Antorus so I can start farming legos if another spec is needed

9. Our raid team raids from 2000hrs server time to 2300hrs server time on Thursdays and Sundays. Can you make both raids every week?
Yup

10. Please explain in short what benefits your class & specs can bring to a raid? What consumables do you use for raiding?
Affli is strong at bringing high single target damage if it's given the opportunity to cleave off of a couple of adds in the fight.
It's also strong at dealing with multi-target encounters like Demonic Inquisition because of the large amount of cleave that multi-dotting provides.
One issue with the spec however is that it's quite RNG based and you can easily get cucked by unexpected movement interupting your UA drain windows.

Consumables:
Int flask, prolonged power pots and food of choice, usually between haste / mastery

11. What is your raiding experience? Which bosses have you cleared in Normal, Heroic or Mythic Mode? What was your progress through raids in previous expansions, if any, and did you raid those when they were relevant?
Have you switched raiding mains or your mainspec for this expansion?

I have a tendency to just play whatever a guild needs so I've played all three roles this expansion due to people leaving guilds / rerolling etc.
Mainly played blood dk/disc priest/boomkin this expansion.

Past progress:
ToS - 9/9hc
NH - 10/10M
ToV - 1/3M
EN - 7/7M
HFC - 13/13M
HM/BRF - 4/17M
SoO - 14/14M
ToT - 7/13HC
DS - 6/8HC
FL - 6/7HC

12. What is your progress on your Main Spec and Off Spec Artifact weapon? How many traits have you unlocked?
67 traits in affli and none elsewhere, I am however banking the suramar storyline for the inevitable case of one of the other specs being better for some fights in Antorus so I can level the weapon quickly

13. If available please provide World of Logs / WarcraftLogs / Mr.Robot links or link screenshots (for example Recount or Skada) of your raid performance in this expansion.
Iffy lock logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/argent-dawn/ygxyll
Other characters i've played this tier to show i'm not really that bad:
Disc: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/kilrogg/fatindy
Blood DK: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/19854536/13#metric=dps&partition=1

14. Please link a screenshot of your User Interface during a raid. A screenshot of your character attacking target dummies is not acceptable. We want to see your UI during raid combat - step into LFR if you need to.
https://i.imgur.com/uKdmQKU.jpg
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 12:24:22 am by garnath »

Jangrol

• Vanquisher
Re: [Raiding application] Ygxyll - Warlock
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 11:02:53 am »

Izadorra

• Venator
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 10:25:22 pm »
Definitely vouching for Aaron, he is class. While we're at it, can someone bump my forum rights?  :-*

garnath

• Exarch
  • Hunter of Renown
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 12:23:42 am »
Apologies for the delay, as discussed on bnet, I'm happy to take you on for a trial spot - we start raiding again on the 23rd, but poke any officer in-game for an invite to guild. I'll send you a PM regarding the raid team tomorrow, when I'm at my PC