Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Social Application - Smash (ACCEPTED)  (Read 122 times)

Smashtastic

• Venator
  • What's the worst that could possibly happen?
Social Application - Smash (ACCEPTED)
« on: December 19, 2018, 05:33:14 pm »
1. What is your character's name, realm, level, class and spec?
Firstly, hello and thank you for reading my application.

I shall now waffle on for a bit...

**A bit of an edit here from the original post. The following DK is the one i would like to apply to join the guild if possible:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/argent-dawn/Smashtastic

This is a blood/Unholy DK. Since the 8.1 patch, pvp changes mean that the RBG teams i run with require one, so im switching this to now be my main character. Its leveling up fast and i intend to M+ on it as Blood also. The Unholy spec will be for RBG Target Calling.**

2. What activities or goals do you focus on in World of Warcaft?

My first love is creating characters with slightly offensive names which somehow slip though the ban hammer @ Blizz HQ. I can only apologise for this, it is a problem that i am receiving help with and hopefully i will one day overcome.

Outside of this, as a side game i like to PvP mostly. I have been playing RBGs since they came out and generally aim for about 2k each season, as i have a busy job and am a dirty casual. I've played regularly this season up to 2700, however im not very good despite playing since 2005 so lose a lot. You would think that 13 years of playing the same game would make you an expert at it, but sadly it seems that if anything, im getting worse. Hey ho!

Since BFA launched i have also dipped my toe into the world of Mythic Plus instances. I have immense fun at doing them despite once again being mostly unobservant and generally incompetent throughout. My tanking is a thing of legend on Arathor, being affectionately know as 'suicide runs'.

3. How did you find out about our guild? Do you know anyone in the guild who would vouch for your application?

I've looked at RP guilds for years, but never thought to actually move to one as i've heard some truly horrifying things about Goldshire Inn. However a few ye olde wow friends of mine said that in their experience, RP guilds tend to offer the best social experience, which is the sole reason ive been playing for so long. The content, although lovely is not as good as the people you play it with. Oh, i used Google to find the guild. I absolutely LOVE this forum by the way, real nice touch. The app form too, its like TBC all over again!

I do not know anyone on Argent Dawn, and i find it unlikely that if they did know me, they would vouch for this car crash of a guild application.

4. Please tell us a about yourself. How old are you? Do you go to school or do you have job? How did you get into World of Warcraft? Which days of the week or times of the day are you usually online? Do any of your family or friends play the game? If you prefer not to share personal information on a public forum it's not a problem.

I am 34, I've played for longer than is healthy and im a Drama/Music teacher in the UK at a secondary school in the South West. I got into wow in 2005 when a work friend said "You should come play this new game, its amazing" He then called me a 'noob' which i had never heard of before and was actually a little upset by. He was of course correct, because my first ever hunter was sworn at for nearly a month for being utter S£$%, i didnt realise at the time i had the pet on passive, i did not know passive was even a thing, so that little spider just sat there and watched me get massacred again and again and again and again.

I quit playing a hunter and then rolled a warrior which i thought was much easier to level. Only when i got to level 50 did someone tell me that first aid was a thing and i had to leave the room or id throw the computer out of the window. I had been levelling for about 5 months by killing a mob and just standing there waiting for my health to regen. Noob.

5. What are you looking for in a guild?

Social experience really, people online to do M+ suicide runs with. I'll teach people to RBG if they want. Happy to run arenas too.

6. Do you like pie? If you do, which kind is your favourite?

Well im not sure if a Cornish Pasty is technically a pie. I guess if it was then it would be called a Cornish pie wouldn't it... So, i think i'll go with Steak and Ale pie.

7. OPTIONAL: If you're into Role Playing and would like to add an In Character application please do so here.

Is this the Goldshire Inn thing i've heard so much about? Do you want me to be the Milk Maiden or the Cow? I'm a Drama teacher so happy to give either a go.

Cheers.
Smash.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 02:08:18 pm by Ðaz »

Smashtastic

• Venator
Re: Social Application - Smash
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 06:20:31 pm »
When everyone else is invited to the Christmas party but you... :'(

Smashtastic

• Venator
Re: Social Application - Smash
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 06:12:13 pm »
Hi guys,

As requested toon name changes have been made, Smashtastic the DK is ready, waiting and ever hopeful for tome Immortalis love!

Let me know if there are any problems, or if you would like me to do anything further.

Cheers.
Smash.

Ðaz

• Primarch
Re: Social Application - Smash (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 02:08:24 pm »
Hi!

Your application has been accepted. Poke any officer for a guild invite!
I'll send you a PM with more information about guild life.

Welcome to Immortalis