Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Raiding Member Application - Hemoroidz  (Read 15 times)

Hemoroidz

Raiding Member Application - Hemoroidz
« on: January 16, 2020, 05:27:15 pm »
1. What is your character's name, level, class, spec and off-spec? Please provide a link to your profile on the armory.  Please note that character names must comply with the Blizzard Role Play Naming Policy referred to in the Guild Rules.
Hello! My name is Hemoroidz and I'm a level 120 Blood Elf Holy Paladin. I'm currently playing horde on Defias Brotherhood however I'm more than happy to switch realm and faction in my search for a new guild. I do have both Ret and Prot off-specs with relatively good gear so all roles can be played, however Holy is where my heart lies.
On a bit of a side note, I've never had any issues with my name on servers and on any other game for that matter however I am aware that it does push the line a bit and would be happy to make a name change to something a little less brash.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/defias-brotherhood/hemoroidz

2. What activities or goals do you focus on in World of Warcaft?
My main focus in the game has always been raiding, it's what I love to do no matter what difficulty or content. I think the satisfaction of pushing progression and achieving raid goals with a great group of friends has always been the biggest motivator for me. This also includes everything that ties in with raiding too, such as mythic+ keys to get better gear, dailies, rep grinds, and profession grinding.
I'm also an absolute sucker for a good looking transmog so I really enjoy doing older content and raids to make sure im the snazziest Paladin around!

3. How did you find out about our guild? Do you know anyone in the guild who would vouch for your application?
I'll be completely honest here, the first I heard about your guild was through watching T&E on YouTube. I've also seen some recruitment posts on the Blizzard forums over the last couple of years (I think late 2018 was the last time I saw one). For me, the community and family feel that seems to be so strong in your guild is what really appeals to me. I've made some amazing friends over the years through playing WoW however many of these have left the game for various reasons. I really miss that close family feeling in the game and that's what I'm looking to get back. In addition to that, the level of game play and what you guys achieve is exactly what I want - I'd love to be smashing mythic clears on every tier but a healthy balance between WoW and real life calls for a slightly less 'hardcore' approach to gaming!

4. Have you applied to any other guilds right now? Do you play any characters in other guilds and/or on other servers?
So as it stands at the moment the majority of my characters are on Defias Brotherhood with one or two others dotted on a couple of other servers (I have a Worgen Hunter on Argent Dawn). As I do play a fair bit outside of raiding it does mean I have become somewhat of an alt-o-holic and throughout BFA I have managed to get most classes up to 120 and geared to a moderate level. I do have every healing class at 120 too as healing is what I really love doing. As with my main, 99% of these are all on Horde side but can easily be switched and transferred as/when/if needed.

5. Please tell us a about yourself. How old are you? Do you go to school or do you have job? How did you get into World of Warcraft? Which days of the week or times of the day are you usually online? Do any of your family or friends play the game? If you prefer not to share personal information on a public forum we understand.
My name is Aaron, I'm 32 years old, living in Shrewsbury, Shropshire and I'm a self employed Barber. I originally got into WoW way back in vanilla after my Dad bought the game for my younger brother to play but after being offered a go I became hooked and been playing since. I had a very brief spell raiding Molten Core in Vanilla but my real raiding career began in The Burning Crusade with the very character I'm applying to you guys with today. My days off work are usually Sunday and Thursday so I'm normally playing a lot on those days but also play most evenings too. My fiancé also plays (very casually) which helps with being able to get more game time by persuading her to play as well!

6. Do you like pie? If you do, which kind is your favourite?
This is a tough one! As far as I'm concerned any pie is a good pie, but if I had to pick one favourite I'd have to say Fidget Pie! It's a bit of a local delicacy and it's absolutely delicious but also has a very funny personal story behind it too!

7. Optional: If you're not into role playing it's not a problem and you may skip this part. If you're into role playing and would like to add an In Character application please do so here.
I've never really gotten into the role playing side of the game before but id definitely something I would be up for trying once on an RP server!

RAIDING

If you're not sure how to answer certain questions just say so. We don't bite. Much.

8. If you have an off-spec, how well geared are you for that spec?
I have both Ret and Prot off-specs, both are both roughly 10-15 ilvls below my main holy set however that can easily be increased by re-rolling azerite traits on my higher ilvl azerite gear.

9. Our raid team raids from 2000hrs server time to 2300hrs server time on Thursdays and Sundays. Can you make both raids every week?
Absolutely. I'm always free during evenings whether it be weekdays or weekends, the only clash I would have is for watching Doctor Who on a Sunday but I can watch that on catch up after the raid :D

10. Please explain in short your raiding strengths, and let us know what consumables you intend to use for raiding and how frequently during fights?
Having raided for many years in WoW I'd say one of my main strengths is experience. I'm always well prepared for each raid with a full bag of flasks, food, potions and augment runes. My  gear is always fully repaired (thanks to the looming threat of losing DKP for not being 100% way back in the day!) because nobody wants to be "that guy" who has to make the raid pause for 2 mins whilst they go out and repair before everyone else needs to!
I also pride myself in having a great knowledge of each fight by making sure I'm watching Fatboss guides and reading information on Wowhead (sometimes going full geek and making notes in a designated raiding notepad!). I'm a quick learner and always bring 100% focus during the entire raid.
So for my consumables I use the following:
- Flask - Greater Flask of Endless Fathoms, used at the start of the raid and again just before expiration to avoid any downtime during the raid.
- Food - Baked Port Tato (haste is best when it comes to Glimmer paladins, however I always carry feasts for a nice intellect buff if my haste levels seem adequate). I always eat before each boss fight, having a food buff is essential for giving the best performance during an encounter.
- Potions - Abyssal Healing Potions and Coastal Mana Potions are always brought to raids to be used in cases of emergencies but the main potion use if from Superior Battle Potion of Intellect. This one gets used as a pre-pot before the pull and then used again in conjunction with my CDs during essential stages of the fight (normally when high healing output or extra dps is needed).
- Runes - Battle-Scarred Augment Rune, used as and when needed, usually in conjunction with eating food before a pull.

11. What is your raiding experience? Which bosses have you cleared in Normal, Heroic or Mythic Mode? What was your progress through raids in previous expansions, if any, and did you raid those when they were relevant?
How familiar are you with your other specs or other classes?

During BFA I have raided all tiers to a decent standard achieving Ahead of the Curve for each raid. Mythic difficulty seemed to be the one where the guild fell a bit short in terms of focus and ability, at best we managed the first 1 or 2 bosses on mythic but soon hit a wall after that. I'm not one to shy away from wipe after wipe in the name of progress however several others got bored very quickly which stifled our ability to get much further on mythic level.
As I mentioned earlier, I've been a raider since vanilla and have completed pretty much every raid in their various forms (10 or 25 man previously, heroic since then with a handful of mythic victories too). I've always considered myself a "Curve" raider aiming to get each raid completed on a decent level before the next tier was released.
Having played Paladin for such a long time I'd consider myself quite familiar with all 3 specs. Holy, and healing in general, had always been my forté and that is where my heart lies but I'm always fairly comfortable playing both other specs when needed. As a healing fanatic I'd also say I'm fairly competent with all other healing classes and have each of those at level 120 ready to jump into a mythic+ or raid when needed. I'm also able to do some moderately adequate dps on some other classes too, Assassination Rogue, Frost DK and BM Hunter spring to mind.

12. If available please provide World of Logs / WarcraftLogs / Mr.Robot links or link screenshots (for example Recount or Skada) of your raid performance in this expansion.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/defias-brotherhood/hemoroidz

13. Please link a screenshot of your User Interface during a raid. A screenshot of your character attacking target dummies is not acceptable. We want to see your UI during raid combat - step into LFR if you need to.

https://imgur.com/UxuVAz7

If there's any other information you need from me please feel free to ask, whether it be on here or if you need an email/phone number/discord username to contact me just let me know.
Thanks for reading!

Hemo